Most individuals find it frightening to consider setting up a printer. But if you know how to do it, it’s quite simple. Here’s how to add a macbook air connect to printer with usb, whether you need to connect a single printer to your personal computer or numerous printers to a business network with USB.
Only a USB or cable connection can be used to install printers. That lack networking capability or Even though they provide wireless printing, some printers require a USB connection during the setup process. Here’s how to connect a USB printer.
- Connect the USB of your printer to your Mac computer or laptop.
(Please take note that your Mac will automatically identify USB-connected printers and download the necessary software. Go to the next step if it doesn’t auto-detect.)
- Select the Apple button.
- Activate System Preferences.
- For printers and scanners, click. On older Mac machines, this will be shown under Hardware as Print & Scan.
- Below the list of printers, click the plus sign.
- Choose a printer to include. Your Mac will automatically populate a list of network printers under the Default tab. Look for a printer name that includes USB in the Kind column.
- Select Add. The printer will be included in the printers list. This will be displayed on the left side of the Print & Scan window.
Directly from the Print and Fax section of the System Preferences, you may add the printer to your computer.
- With the aid of its USB cord, join the printer to the MacBook.
- Select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu after clicking the “Apple” icon in the desktop’s menu bar. The window for System Preferences appears.
- Click the “+” button on the left side of the window after selecting “Print & Fax.” Opens the Add Printer window.
- Type a name for the printer in the Name box. After selecting the printer that is attached to your MacBook. Select the type of printer from the Print Using drop-down box after entering its location in the Location field.
- To add the printer to your MacBook, select “Add.” If prompted, place the printer’s installation disc in your MacBook’s optical drive. Install the necessary software for the printer by following the instructions of the installation wizard. At the end of the installation procedure, click “Finish.” The printer can be found in the Print & Fax window’s list.
- Plug the USB cable into your Mac and then into the printer.
- Press “Command + P” or select File, then Print… to make the wired printer your default option. You may print now.
If you are asked to download additional software, do so right away. Additionally, you can purchase a multiport adaptor to enable a USB output to connect to your Mac’s USB-C (or other) input if your computer cannot handle the same connection as the Mac.
So here are some of the abovementioned ways to connect your macbook air connect to printer with usb. I hope you’ve tried them and didn’t find any kind of trouble while doing the above process.