There is no doubt that Microsoft Office 365 is a valuable service for all users of Windows computers. However, the features offered are based entirely on the ongoing services users can avail of. If you’re a regular customer of the services offered or reactivate expired microsoft office 365, it’s beneficial to be aware of Microsoft’s steps when customers end their service.
These are the steps that Microsoft takes.
- Let’s begin by looking at the situation from Microsoft’s point of view.
- Much like other businesses, Microsoft is significantly cheaper to Microsoft to keep its customers as opposed to the acquisition and onboarding of new ones.
- This is why they’re willing to do whatever it takes to keep their clients and them from leaving.
- Microsoft offers a three-step procedure to give the customer plenty of time to consider ending their subscription.
- Let’s take a look at these steps and the options available to you as a customer in the event your subscription is ever due to expire.
Step 1 – Expired
If your Microsoft Office 365 subscription is due to expire in the very first instance, over the following 30 days, your account will be in an expired status.
- Contrary to what it says, you will not be affected by this.
- Office 365 usage will not be restricted by it in any way.
- The applications you have installed can be launched, as well as the ability to download new ones.
- Microsoft will also ensure that your information isn’t deleted from their servers.
- Administrators can apply for new licenses and applications at this time.
- They also have the option to back up any data.
- The administrator can extend the contract at any specified time within these 30 days.
Step 2 – Disabled
- Thirty days after ending your subscription, the status will change to disabled if it’s not renewed.
- The subscription will remain in this condition for 120 days after expiration.
- Only the global account administrator can restart the subscription to the license at this point.
- In this state, only administrators can access the information stored on the servers and the administrator portal.
All other users won’t be granted any access to the services such as solutions, services, or Office 365 accounts, so they are also unable to access their email accounts as well as reactivate expired microsoft office 365 for their important documents for business. Other programs that are installed locally only provide limited functionality that is not enough to provide the capability to save and modify your documents.
Step 3 – Deprovisioned
For 121 days following the subscription’s expiration, administrators lose access to any remaining information on the servers.
- At this stage, there are no backups that can be taken, and all programs and services that are installed are unavailable.
- In this stage, Microsoft will eliminate all your information on their servers or reactivate expired microsoft office 365.
- This process could be speeded up by using a method called expedited.
- When you begin with your Office 365 again, there is no option to re-enter your old subscription.
- You’ll need to start with a fresh one.
IT Support in Manhattan, and Manhattan IT Support company provides outstanding customized services. Managed IT Services Manhattan provides exceptional cloud-based security and Business IT Support Manhattan.